…toward a fuller realization of the Mystery of Marriage between one man and one woman, and mobilizing Orthodox Christians nationally to attend the 2015 March for Marriage
With the blessing of His Eminence, Met. JOSEPH of the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America, and thanks to the work of a group of priests and laymen, we are excited to announce the launch of our March for Marriage website, www.crownthem.org.
We are inviting every Orthodox clergyman, monastic, and layman in the country to take part in the March for Marriage in D.C. on April 25th (please see www.marriagemarch.org). We realize that this date is only a short time away.
Toward this effort we are offering the following essential information via our website:
Why Should Orthodox Christians March?
- An explanation of the March for Marriage within an Introductory Letter that answers the question, “Why Should Orthodox Christians March?”
“Grass Roots” Organization Effort
- Information has been packaged to help bring clergy, monastics, and laity together in order to attend the March, including information for financial Sponsorship for clergy and monastics unable to financial afford the trip to D.C.
- We are inviting clergy and laity to act as catalysts for spreading news about the cause. We are offering packaged information on a number of key aspects for organizing our Church nationally: a page explaining how to become a Parish Representative, high quality Sunday bulletin inserts, logos of our theme to add onto blogs and websites, homiletical materials, and other edifying print and media resources.
- Visit and share using our facebook page at www.facebook.com/crownthemwithglory.
Register for the March and Become a Parish Representative
- Visit our website and Register to attend the March for Marriage and become a Parish Representative. According to a recent study, there are 1,900 Orthodox parishes in the United States (1). If every parish sent an average of two families to the March for Marriage, we could easily have several thousands of laity join our clergy and monastics at the National Mall in D.C. for the March and proceeding Orthodox gathering. Parish Representatives will be asked to speak to their priests, fellow laity, make phone calls, distribute flyers, and even coordinate buses down to the March.
We seek your prayers and leadership in the furtherance of this cause.
May we act now with great labor, asking that the Lord have mercy on us.
Glory to God who has counted us worthy to bear this cross in our age.
The crownthem.org Team